2 tuna steaks
Oil (olive, grape seed etc)
2 tablespoon Sesame seeds
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups arugula
1/2 cup red cabbage
1/2 cucumber thinly sliced
1/2 carrot grated
3 chives snipped
2-3 tablespoons of coconut amino acids (or gluten free soy sauce, or normal soy sauce depending on your dietary preference)
1 tablespoon grapeseed oil (Other oil is fine grapeseed has a mild flavor)
Ginger Avocado Sauce:
1 avocado cubed
2 small garlic cloves minced
1-2 tablespoons coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger (add more to taste, you could also use freshly grated ginger)
(Wasabi would also be a great addition to this sauce)
4 chives for garnish.
1. For the sauce, combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste, then adjust seasonings to your taste preference.
I like to put my sauces in a small ziplock bag then snip a tiny hole in the corner and “draw” the sauce onto the dish.
2. For the salad, using tongs gently toss all of the ingredients together until dressing is well incorporated.
3. For the steaks, mix the sesame seeds and black pepper on a plate.
4. Brush the tuna steaks with oil then press each steak onto the plate of sesame seeds flipping and pressing to coat each side.
5. Heat a skillet over high heat and brush with oil. Once the pan is hot add the first steak. Cook approximately 2 minutes per side.