Chocolate Mousse is my husband Christopher’s favorite dessert and cheesecake is one of mine. I’m always looking for new ways to make both of them. As you’ve probably seen, Nutella is making its way into all kinds of desserts lately (because its just plain delicious thats why). If you are looking for a less expensive version of Nutella, Aldi now sells a chocolate hazelnut spread. My husband and kids (and my friend Lisa) really enjoyed this recipe. I hope your family does as well.
Nutella Cheesecake Mousse with Chocolate & Vanilla Whipped Cream
1 16 ounce carton of heavy whipping cream
5 Tbsp powdered sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 cup Nutella (or the Aldi brand is also gluten-free)
Chocolate shavings, nuts or chocolate chips (for toppings)
1. Whip the whole carton of cream until soft peaks form.
2. Add the powdered sugar and the vanilla then whip until stiff peaks form.
3. Set aside about 3/4 cup of the whip cream. (This will be your vanilla whip cream and top layer)
4. In the remaining whip cream add the cocoa powder.
5. Set aside about 3/4 cup of the chocolate whip cream. (This will be your second layer)
6. In a new mixing bowl, mix the Nutella and the softened cream cheese together until smooth and fluffy.
7. Take the remaining chocolate whip cream and gently fold it into the Nutella mixture until combined.
8. Pipe the Nutella mousse into the bottom of a glass followed by the chocolate whip cream and vanilla whip cream.
9. Garnish with chocolate shavings, chocolate chips or nuts.
10. Place in fridge for 30-60 minutes to chill then enjoy.