1 1/4 cups ketchup
1/3 cup dark brown sugar if you like it tangy
OR 1/2 cup or more of dark brown sugar if you like it sweet
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon worchestire sauce
1 tablespoon oil
2 teaspoons paprika (or smoked paprika)
2 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
3 tablespoons of cold water mixed with 1 tablespoon corn starch (optional)
1. In a heavy bottomed sauce pan heat oil over medium heat then add garlic sautéing briefly.
2. Add the spices and whisk over heat. Then start whisking and pouring in wet ingredients and then add sugar once mixture is boiling.
3. Continue whisking until sugar is incorporated.
4. To thicken the sauce even more add the cornstarch mixture to boiling sauce. Whisk for about a minute until sauce is thick.
5. Store in a mason jar or enjoy right away.