3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Flour tortillas & Corn Tortillas (for gluten-free)
1/2 whole fresh pineapple (peel it, core it, then cut in circular slices so its easier to grill)
6 strips of bacon
(or 1/2 cup of your favorite)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon of cilantro
2 avocados pitted and mashed
1/4 cup minced red onion
1/8 cup diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Dash of olive oil
Juice half lime
salt and pepper, taste
(I prefer to make my guacamole in my food processor so the avocado is smooth)
1 avocado cubed
1 diced jalapeño (seeded if you don’t like the heat)
1 ounce cream cheese
salt & pepper
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon of fresh cilantro (more if you love it)
Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Then place in a serving bowl.
1. Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
2. Season chicken with salt, pepper and lime. Grill, then thinly slice.
3. Grill the pineapple, then cut into bite size pieces.
4. In a skillet cook the bacon.
5. Remove most of the fat from the pan.
6. Add onion to the skillet and sautee until just softened. Then add a dash of pineapple juice to deglaze the pan (or just water if you don’t have any on hand).
7. Add the BBQ sauce, then season with cilantro salt and pepper.
8. Once the sauce is warm add the chicken to the skillet.
9. Get your tortillas (if using corn it helps to warm them a little so that they don’t crack, if you have a gas stove you can heat them right on the burner). Place the chicken and sauce mixture on the tortilla.
10. Add cheese onto the chicken, then add pineapple on top and place another tortilla on top. Repeat until all are filled.
11. Lightly oil your grill (or the tortillas if you wish) and grill the quesadillas just until the cheese is melted. (You can also heat the quesadillas in a skillet, the grill just tastes better)
12. Serve with cilantro rice and guacamole (or avocado cream), sour cream, salsa and additional BBQ Sauce.