7 mushrooms sliced
7 strips of bacon
4 garlic cloves
Thinly sliced chicken (Grilled, baked or pan fried)
1 tablespoon butter
4 oz cream cheese
8 oz heavy cream
1/4 cup white wine
1/3 cup chicken stock
1/8-1/2 cup of crumbly bleu cheese or gorgonzola cheese
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Boil water in a heavy bottomed pot for the penne.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the bacon on the parchment along with the garlic. Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Once done, dice bacon and mince garlic.
3. Add penne to water once boiling. Cook about 8-10 minutes, drain put back in pan, drizzle with oil, stir and cover.
3. In a cast iron pan sauté mushrooms in butter then add diced bacon and minced garlic.
4. Add 4oz of cream cheese. Once melted add 8 oz of heavy whipping cream, 1/4 cup white wine
and 1/3 cup chicken stock.
5. Whisk until combined then add thinly sliced cooked chicken and 1/8-1/2 cup of crumbly bleu cheese or gorgonzola (to taste).
6. Add the penne right to the pan or ladle the sauce over your penne.
7. Serve with salad and italian bread.
Next Day Chicken Bacon Gorgonzola Nachos
1. Place desired amount of tortilla chips on a cookie sheet.
2. Add leftover chicken and bacon. Then drizzle with the leftover gorgonzola sauce.
3. Place under broiler for about a minute (or microwave on plate for about a minute)
4. Put a dash of hot sauce on them and some diced green onions.